About Me

My photo
I am a woman learning to heal from past sexual, emotional, and physical abuse along with neglect. I have been diagnosised with DID and Complex PTSD both direct causes of the abuse. jazmineo1112@yahoo.com

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Visiting

Today I went to my grandmother's house to visit with her.  This is the first time I have seen her since I broke my silence on February 4, 2012. 

I was so happy to see her but at the same time very nervous that my mother might show up at any minute.  I am not sure what I was so nervous about.  There isn't anything she could do to me now.  She is sick and dying and I am a STRONG WOMAN! However, the fear from Julie, a child alter, was still there.  I spent about 2 hours with my grandmother.  She told me how happy she was to see me.  She also told me that I look much happier than the last time she saw me. That made me feel good.  At least I know that by me telling I am happier on the outside as well as the inside.

We sat hand in hand while we ate lunch.  While I was driving she reached over and grabbed my hand to hold.  It was very sweet.  It let me know how much I was loved and how it feels to have someone that really, truly cares about you.

Liz

2 comments:

  1. Healingminds,

    Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to comment.

    I am working on building a new relationship with my grandmother and uncle. One where I am able to learn to trust someone again.

    By visiting them, I am able to see the beautiful ways a family should interact. A huge difference from the way I was raised.

    I have since visited them and it went well. I am very glad that I finally BROKE SILENCE!

    ReplyDelete