About Me

My photo
I am a woman learning to heal from past sexual, emotional, and physical abuse along with neglect. I have been diagnosised with DID and Complex PTSD both direct causes of the abuse. jazmineo1112@yahoo.com

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Today I was trying to remember a happy Thanksgiving Day I had spent with my family but couldn't think of one.  All I could remember is being put to work to help cook but I NEVER did it right.  I could remember being upset about everyone fighting and no one was every happy. 

Why do I have to dwell on the negative instead of focusing on the positive? Why couldn't I just be happy with my day and be content?

My past abuse affects me in every possible way and I allow it to happen.  I have got to stop that. By dwelling on the past and on my abusers I am allowing them to have power over me.  I must regain my power and take back my control.  I am in the present and no one can hurt me now. 

Today I choose to...
*think about the postive
*live in the NOW
*take it one day at a time
*take control of my life
*be happy
*be positive
*give thanks
*love myself
*HEAL


2 comments:

  1. I am proud of you and I love you very much. I wish I could have saved you from the abuse and the abuser. I'm here for you. Xoxo karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    There is no way you could have known before. I didn't know I had a voice back then. Today I can speak and I will speak out against the abusers. Thanks for stopping by!
    <3

    ReplyDelete