About Me

My photo
I am a woman learning to heal from past sexual, emotional, and physical abuse along with neglect. I have been diagnosised with DID and Complex PTSD both direct causes of the abuse. jazmineo1112@yahoo.com

Monday, April 16, 2012

Sleepless Nights

I stay awake all night with nothing to do. I lay there with my eyes closed and try to sleep.  It just doesn't work.  Oftentimes, I play on my phone, and I play on the internet.  T.V. does not interest me in the least bit.  I can find mindless things to do with my time but my brain will not shut off to sleep.  Sometimes there is too much chatter in my brain.  Everyone is in the conference room and they are having discussions. 



Well after doing some research about DID and sleep it turns out I am normal.  Normal you say?  Yes, many people with DID suffer from insomnia.  So how do we go about dealing with it?

Doc suggested that I take my sleeping pills I was prescribed.  However, I don't have enough to take them every night.  So what else can I do?

Doc also suggested a night time routine to relax me, body, mind, and souls.  I am not the type of person to have a night time routine.  I do not "reflect" on my day or do deep processing of MY thoughts.  It's just not MY personality (no pun intended).  However, part of working on MY personality type (different from my personality within the system) is to become a more reflective person.  So why not give it a try?  If it will help, what do I have to lose?

So this is what I will try:
~I will play piano music to unwind.
~I will have the alters go into their rooms instead of being in the conference room or wandering around the house.
~I will reflect on what I have done that day by keeping a journal.  Discussing what went well and what didn't. 
~If something didn't go well, I will make a plan of how to help myself the next time it happens.  
~I will find a safe place to be when I become to overwhelmed.  A place that no one else may enter
~I have something to sleep with already.  I will continue to use this. 


Changing your routines, thoughts, and actions require intense treatment and dedication.  It will not be easy.  It will be hard.  But when was the last thing that was worth your time and energy easy?  Everything that requires a change will be hard.  But just RELAX and take time to yourself.

Jazz

No comments:

Post a Comment